Giclee Printing and sustainable paper
Giclee Printing :
- Animl By Design prints are created using the Giclee form of printing.
- Pronounced, zhee’clay, the word comes from the French, meaning to spray, which is exactly what an ink jet printer does.
- The quality of a giclee print is far superior to all other forms of printing.
- It’s the closest an artist can get to matching the original artwork - it has to be seen to be believed. The reason we use Giclee is to ensure a superior premium finish.
- Museums and galleries use this technique in order to reproduce limited editions.
- The printing technique combined with the high quality paper ensures the life of the print of over 100 years with no fade ( unless in direct sunlight )
- Because of this the cost of the print is higher that those you can buy just printed at home at a much lower cost.
- We work closely with the our artist quality local UK printers to ensure the print fully represents the colours on the original artwork.
- Colours shown on every monitor vary slightly so please bare this in mind when purchasing but rest assured the piece you receive is as it should be, as each print is scrutinised before posting.
- The artwork will be reproduced on museum high grade 325gsm quality Giclee paper and signed by myself and supplied unmounted ready for you to frame unless you request framing.
- The paper has been approved by the Artists Guild Trust and is made in Somerset. The high quality printing process used by galleries and museums ensures the print is of supreme quality
Hand Finishing :
- Each print can be hand finished with gold, or silver foil. We can now offer new foil colours to add to the prints in Pink, Turquoise and Red. Some prints come with this as standard and some don't, if you would like some hand finishing on a print or a specific colour please do get in touch.